What We Do At Autism New Zealand Inc.
The main purpose of Autism New Zealand Inc. is to provide support, resources and information on autism spectrum disorders to those with these conditions, their family/whanau, caregivers and professionals working with them.
Autism New Zealand's key activities are to:
- Raise awareness of autism spectrum disorders
- Provide support, information and advice for parents and carers
- Gather and distribute the latest information and research relating to autism spectrum and related disorders
- Initiate and organise seminars and conferences
- Provide training courses for parents and professionals eg EarlyBird® programmes
- Liaise with other agencies on behalf of individuals, parents and other family
- Make submissions on relevant legislation and government reviews
- Provide a quarterly newsletter
Autism New Zealand Inc. maintains contact with many associations around the world and constantly sources the latest material for our members.
Education programmes are regularly run for parents and professionals.
At times people with an autism spectrum disorder may find that an advocate who understands autism spectrum disorders may assist them.
Our 0800 AUTISM line is available Monday - Friday. We do our best to answer any questions on autism spectrum disorders or assist you to find the right help or information for your family member, friend, student, employee or client.
We have different types of membership to suit everyone’s circumstances – general membership or financial membership for families, individuals and organisations. Please click here for more information.