Mobile phone recycling appeal
Autism NZ has teamed up with the mobile phone recycler Swapkit NZ in a scheme where old mobile phones can be swapped for new technology.
How it works
- Participating schools, groups or individuals gather donated mobile phones
- Once enough phones have been collected, Swapkit will collect them or arrange for delivery
- Depending on how many phones were collected, Swapkit will gift an iPad, laptop or tablet – see the gift menu (download gift menu as a pdf)
How to participate
- Get organised as a school, work group or an individual.
- Talk to your school about joining the scheme. Here are some documents that may useful: letter to principal, letter for parents, gift menu.
- If your school is not participating, find a nearby school that is taking part and offer your help there.
- If working with a school is not an option, join the scheme as an individual or as as work group. Download the private collectors' letter.
- Contact Swapkit:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: (09) 377 4750
- Help take donations of phones – here are some hints and tips for getting phone donations (download the hints and tips as a Word doc).
- Once you have collected enough phones to reach your desired target, contact Swapkit to arrange collection.