Teenagers & Young Adults Area
Autism New Zealand Canterbury Branch has created this section with the aim to specifically target Teenagers and Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum. Our aim is to keep it up to date with information, articles and groups that we feel might be of interest.
A list of useful websites - Particularly adults (16+) with Aspergers
* www.asknz.net ASK Charitable Trust’s website for adults with Asperger’s, etc. Question Help, Articles, Library, Meetings, Join-up
* www.aspiesforfreedom.com International forum, chat and self-expression site for people with Asperger’s Question Help, Post/Chat, Join-up
* www.autismnz.org.nz Main NZ autism spectrum organisation Question Help, Articles, Library, Meetings, Join-up, Representation
* www.autisticadvocacy.org International advocacy organisation for people with Asperger’s (ASAN) Question Help, Representation, Advocacy
* www.wrongplanet.net Leading International web-community for people with Asperger’s Question Help, Post/Chat
* www.withyoueverystepoftheway.com Charitable Trust for NZ people (mostly under 17) with Asperger’s Question Help, Articles, Library, Meetings, Join-up
Monday Night Group - Christchurch
The Monday night group is for Young Adults with Aspergers between the age of 20 - 35 years old. This is a social group who meet every Monday evening. The group are responsible for planning their own programme/activities, several weeks/months in advance.
Autism New Zealand employs a to facilitator work alongside this group.
For more information please contact the Branch on (03) 343 2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.