How to Get a Diagnosis:

Contact your local GP for referral to a Paediatrician. If the young person is over 12 years of age, obtain a referral to Child, Adolescent and Family Services.

Who to Contact when you get a Diagnosis:

- Autism NZ Wanganui Branch for support.
- WINZ (Work & Income NZ): contact your local office.
You may be entitled to a Child Disability Allowance (a fortnightly payment non-taxable & not means tested). From age 16 years check entitlement to Invalids Benefit. Also check entitlement to a Community Services Card and Disability Allowance (means tested) for medical costs related to the disability.