Physical Address: 20 Sydney Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012
Postal Address: PO Box 33481, Petone, Lower Hutt 5046
Outreach Coordinators: Jenny Woodfield
Phone: (04) 803 3504 - if office is unattended please leave a message
Mobile: 022 657 8136 (Jenny)
Office Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm. We welcome drop-in visits, however you may wish to ring first to ensure that someone will be available. When the Outreach Coordinator is working in the community, the Wellington Branch office will not be staffed.
Facebook: Autism New Zealand Wellington
Greater Wellington area, including the Kapiti Coast and Lower Hutt. We have a separate branch for Upper Hutt and Wairarapa.
- Support, information and advice for parents, individuals, families, professionals and interested parties
- Face-to-face support and advice meeting with Outreach Coordinator
- Focal point for the Autism Spectrum community
- Liaison with and access to agencies and services
- Support groups for adults
- Support groups for families
- Awareness of and fundraising for Autism Spectrum
- Library and other resources
Education & Training Programmes
We offer education & training programmes at various times of the year, please check our Education & Training Programmes page for dates or alternatively you can contact our National Office for further information on (04) 803 3501 or email email@example.com.
Library Books & other resources
Please click here for an up to date book list.
Do you want to help raise money for the Wellington Branch?
Please email us.
or donate : http://www.autismnz.org.nz/about_us/support_us
Firefly Drive-in Cinemas - Use code autismnz to save $5 on your next drive in movie experience and they will donate $5 to Autism New Zealand. Movie times in Upper Hutt and New Plymouth for Aladdin, Back to the Future and Frozen can be found on their website:
Do you have time and talent to share? We often need volunteers on both an ongoing and casual basis to support our mission. This could be a single afternoon helping with mailing, a weekend day during our Annual Appeal, or coming on a monthly basis to help with a support group. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the Wellington Branch on (04) 803 3504.
Movies and Videos regarding Autism
- Arthur - When Carl met George - www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsmjwHW40ps
- Autism and Aspergers Awareness - www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQsY0rD8BQ&feature=fvst
- Autism Every Day (7 minute version) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDMMwG7RrFQ&feature=related
- Living with my autistic son - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_R_CUxrZ8I&feature=fvw
- The face of autism - www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kHSOgauhg
- The X Factor 2009 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j7c4HNX3TU
- Adam (2009) - Watch the Trailer: www.flicks.co.nz/trailer/adam/1085/#TB_inlineheight=399&width=730&inlineId=moviePlayer
- Fly Away (2011) - Watch the Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/withoutabox/vi983735065?ref_=tt_pv_vi_1
- I am Sam (2001) - Available on loan from Wellington Branch Library! - more info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277027/?ref_=sr_1
- Mozart and the Whale - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0392465/
- Snow Cake (2006) - Watch the Trailer - http://www.flicks.co.nz/trailer/snow-cake/191/
- Temple Grandin (2010) - Available on loan from Wellington Branch Library! - more info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278469/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- The Story of Luke - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038693/
Interesting Links regarding Autism/ Support Services
*To recommend a website please contact the Branch firstname.lastname@example.org*