The objectives of Autism New Zealand are:
1. Assisting parents, guardians and other persons who have the care of persons with ASD to provide for their needs.
2. Establishing and maintaining community support services for persons with ASD and their families.
3. Ensuring that as far as possible, appropriate support is available for every person with ASD in need of such support.
4. Helping parents, employees of Autism New Zealand and others to further the development of, and to undertake the care of, persons with ASD.
5. Promoting integration of persons with ASD into a participative role in the community so as to enable them to be as independent as possible and to enjoy the rights of New Zealanders to live as normal a life as possible, including providing appropriate training education and other support that is necessary or desirable to enable persons with ASD to develop their abilities fully and deliver such services as are appropriate.